At Craven SPORT services, the running evaluation assessment is carried out over a 2 hour session.
The session is divided into three portions:
1) the interview/assessment portion
2) a treadmill walk/run video analysis portion
3) development of a corrective exercise prescription of individualized running specific exercises designed to improve form and function with gains in running efficiency and performance.
The first portion of the session is an initial physical evaluation consisting of a detailed one on one interview discussing current running related problems, past injuries, medical history, present running level and training goals. A physiotherapy physical assessment follows, with specific attention to global posture and alignment, bio-mechanical evaluation, muscular imbalances and musculoskeletal mobility and extensibility.
The second portion of the running evaluation consists of a video analysis of your walking and running at a variety of speeds. Running is a highly technical sport, your movement patterns and technique will be assessed with attention to running cadence, stride length, forward lean, vertical displacement, head/arm/trunk movements and overall running mechanics.
The third portion of the running evaluation consists of the development of an individualized corrective exercise program. The exercises will assist the individual with improvement of running mechanics and form. There will be exercises to improve stability, alignment and the movements of running. Musculoskeletal mobility and stability and strengthening exercises will be prescribed to improve running form, function efficiency and performance.
The goal of this assessment is to:
– Eliminate reoccurring running pain syndromes
– Ensure you’re doing everything you can to have a successful training
– Learn strengthening and flexibility exercises to remain injury free
– Learn exercises to stabilize ankles, knees and hips
– Get ideas for injury prevention
– Receive advise and solutions for reoccurring injuries
– Receive running form analysis to improve your stride
To book your running assessment, contact us!