The goal of this fellowship is to provide a comprehensive educational experience in the field of sport physiotherapy. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within Craven SPORT services integrated sport medicine system consisting of physiotherapists, primary care, sport and exercise medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, researchers and other health care professionals to achieve a balanced approach to the care of athletes and active individuals.
The candidate will provide approximately 25 to 30 hours of on-field medical event coverage and 5 to 10 hours of in-clinic time. The on-field time will be spent covering a variety of levels of football from Kinsmen Football (kids in grades 6 to 9) and for Saskatoon High School Junior and Senior Football. For each of the leagues, the therapist will conduct clinics weekly for players injured and requiring return to sport clearance. The successful candidate will also provide in-clinic physiotherapy for injured athletes and other cliental that is appropriate based on clinic load.
Craven SPORT services has 2 Diploma Sport Physiotherapists, 2 Sport Certificate Physiotherapists, 1 FCAMPT Physiotherapist, 3 Physiotherapists with their Certified Exercise Physiologist designation and 3 physiotherapists with their Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialization designation. With this extensive sport physiotherapy and exercise science background, the successful candidate will have plenty of mentoring opportunities from a diverse group of therapists. The successful candidate will be directly supervised by Bruce Craven here at Craven SPORT services.
START DATE: August 20, 2018
COMPLETION DATE: November 23, 2018
SALARY: Based on experience, between $30 to $35/hr
To develop leaders in sport and exercise medicine by:
– Gaining extensive experience in on-field medical management of injuries and providing appropriate first aid and sport physiotherapy management.
– Gaining experience and expertise in working with athletes that have suffered a concussion and providing appropriate assessment, management and return to learn/play.
– Increasing clinical competence in management of sport and orthopedic injuries in the athletic and active population using an evidence based model of care.
– Understanding and experiencing the continuum of care for the athlete from pre-participation physicals, to field and clinical management, and full return to sport.
– Understanding risk factors contributing to sport injuries and contributing to injury prevention strategies.
– Acquiring practical hours to meet SPC curriculum.
– Preparing mentors to future students, colleagues.
– Facilitating an interest in education and knowledge translation in the field of physiotherapy.
– Licensed to Practice Physiotherapy in Saskatchewan
– Malpractice Insurance
– Sport First Responder Certification
– Member of Sport Division of Canadian Physiotherapy Association
Your application must include:
– Please submit the following:
– Letter of Intent
– Current CV
– 3 References
– Submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Submit via fax to 306-934-2012
– Submit via mail to #3-701 2nd Ave. N Saskatoon, SK S7K 2C9